A nudge can tip over a glass object and cause it to shatter into pieces—simple yet powerful words can do the same thing to lies. This is what happened recently when a friend texted me while I was undergoing a spiritual battle. His words, “You do matter,” broke the lie of insignificance.
Regardless of how strong we are in our faith, we all struggle with lies from time to time. In fact, it is often in the struggle that we advance from a place of doubt and unbelief (or wrong belief) to a place of confidence in the truth. Simple yet powerful words can help facilitate this growth.
Below are fifteen of the most important phrases I have ever heard, along with references to where these truths can be found in God’s Word. Each phrase freed me from the bondage of a lie. I’m sharing them with you so you, too, can emerge from any deception as a stronger, more secure individual.
- You are loved. (Isaiah 54:10)
- You have a purpose. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- You are not alone. (Isaiah 41:10)
- You are saved. (Romans 10:9)
- You are worthy. (Matthew 10:31)
- You are free. (John 8:36)
- You are beautiful. (Psalm 45:11)
- You are a masterpiece. (Psalm 139:14)
- You are a blessing. (Ephesians 1:3)
- You are in my prayers. (James 5:16)
- You are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
- You are anointed. (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
- You are not forgotten. (Isaiah 49:15)
- You can do it. (Philippians 4:13)
- You do matter. (Psalm 8:4)
I encourage you to share these truths with others who need to hear them. These Powerful Words Cards will help you get started. I would love to know how these or other powerful words have made a difference in your life.